Friday, August 8, 2008

What I did on my summer vacation, Part 6

Subtitled: Some final thoughts on my last night in Florida

There are no two ways of looking at this. I really do not want to leave tomorrow. There is just something so wonderful about the lack of responsibility I feel when I am on vacation. Which leads me to the conclusion that I have too much on my plate most of the time. And any place that has outdoor seating as the norm for eating establishments is awesome.

We went to the pier tonight and to a great restaurant right on the Indian River. We ate on a dock with catfish begging in the water next to us. Who would ever imagine that catfish would beg?

We drove around the beach area and walked on the beach for a bit. It was a very nice last evening here. I really don't want to go.

I read this book "The Dip" by Seth Godin a few days ago and I really have a lot to consider in the next few weeks. It is all about quitting the things that keep us from achieving our dreams. I am definitely too busy most of the time.

Looks like we are going to try and make it back tomorrow and not wait til sunday. That will give us Sunday to relax at home and be ready to work on Monday.

Did I mention I really would love to stay here? :)

I guess that is it from Florida.

No comments: