Sunday, August 3, 2008

What I did on my summer vacation, Part 2

Sleeping in was nice. The only thing I really wasn't thinking about was how bright the sun is at 8 am when your windows face east out over the Atlantic. Opening up the curtains was a lot more painful than I expected!

I had a great time reading the Word on the balcony with the sound of the surf reminding me of the power and majesty of the Creator. What a treat!

I joined millions of other Americans and got my church experience for this week on the TV. Watched a really great preacher Pastor Jim Raley and was really wishing we had gotten up early enough to go to that church. It would have taken about an hour to get there but I always love visiting other churches and seeing what other parts of the Body are up to. Great sermon! Maybe we could go for Wednesday night service.

Actually, I ended up spending about 3 hours watching different preachers. This was a real treat for me since I do not have cable or satellite at home.

Amber made brownies for dessert for tonight and the cleaned up the kitchen for me so I could cook a gourmet meal tonight. We had Coq au Vin over noodles and silver queen corn. Very yummy!
After dinner we went for a walk on the beach and went wading in the water. The kids made wet sand balls and had a sand ball fight (weird! sort of like a snow ball fight but yuckier) and ended up in the water to clean up. I love how well the kids get along and how much they really love each other and genuinely enjoy each others company.

We are going to watch some movie tonight and maybe play some cards.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. We are getting up early to watch the sun rise on the beach. What a great way to start my birthday!

No comments: