Monday, August 4, 2008

A Great Commentary on the passing of Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Growing up in the shadow of the Nation's Capital, with a father in intelligence and a mom very involved in politics, I could not help but be at least aware of significant world events and the people who played a part. My father was a real fan of Alexander Solzhenitsyn for his courage and integrity in speaking out against a system that had such a negative impact on humanity. There are so few who are truly willing to suffer for what they believe, it is always inspirational to me to see that play out in someone's life. Like John Piper, I too am thankful to God for this man's life and example. You can read John's tribute here. I am also grateful for parents who taught me the importance of keeping up with what is going on in the world without becoming too disturbed by it.

No comments: