Thursday, July 3, 2008

Seeking my Life Mission

So I was reading the comment from Pastor Wes on my time management post and thinking "what DO I see as my life mission?" Without a micro second hesitation, Psalm 27:4 came to mind:
One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.

As I sit here with tears on my face and longing in my heart so deep and so strong I can hardly contain it, I am stunned by several thoughts.
1 - that God would call me to such a wonderful life of seeking Him with all my heart, I am stunned that He might really be calling me to this... sort of a sense of "too good to be true" and yet filled with hope
2 - that I have such little knowledge of who God really is that I would even doubt His goodness and kindness and desire to bless me like this ( "He does that for others, but surely not for me"). Father, forgive my unbelief!
and 3 - that if this really IS what He is calling me to, then what in the world am I wasting so much time doing other stuff that is so much less important and so much less lovely and so much less fun?

I guess I really do need to commit some serious time to prayer for this whole life mission thing. Stop being so distracted by everything in everyone else's lives and just get on with what God has planned for me. After all, God says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." So what am I waiting for?

No comments: