Friday, October 31, 2008

Martin Luther - 491 years later still inspiring

491 years ago today, Martin nailed his theses to the door of the church in Wittenberg.

And so the Reformation began.

Recently I have come upon 2 quotes that have had a profound impact on me.  The first was quoted in my In Christ's Image Training class: 
“If I miss prayer one day, I feel it; if I fail to pray two days, the entire church feels it; should I not pray three days, all Germany suffers.”

When I read this, my heart was stirred to bring me to the point of weeping.  I knew it was applicable to the call God has placed on my life. Even now as I typed this my heart is stirred.  Such conviction is overwhelming to me.  I MUST pray for the nations.  


The second I discovered today:
Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us. 

As I look forward to leading worship this Sunday, this is something that will be on my mind.  What a priviledge it is to be able to sing to God!  This is a great reminder.

I am grateful that there have been and still are men and women that God uses in each of our lives to inspire, convict and encourage.

Thank you God, for Martin Luther!

No comments: