Monday, June 30, 2008

What a Privilege it is to be in a Family

5 years! Congratulations LCC!
It was truly inspiring yesterday as I watched the one word testimonies parade across the front of the church. As a whole it was an awesome thing to see how God has moved in so many lives. On an individual basis there were several word choices that surprised me. Surprise, not in that I was unaware of the history of the people but, in only knowing them in the "after" state, having the realization of the depth of change and a new appreciation for the level of gratitude expressed in those word choices.
I think we can sometimes overlook the intensity and depth of someone's heart when we do not take the time to understand (rather than just intellectually know) where someone has come from.
I am glad to be a part of the LCC family. I am glad to have had the opportunity to get to know some of my brothers and sisters a little better yesterday and I am glad that I get to look forward to getting to know them all better in the next 5 years.
The most exciting thing is: What and who is God going to bring our family in the next 5?!?!

3 comments:

Dejavu4me said...

I thought Sunday was an awesome day at Church. So many people shared where they had been and where they are now. Some of them surprised me too. As one of those people who walked across the front of the church then I can say it was hard to do yet so freeing. I just think it is awesome to see where people were and now with the grace of our Lord where we are now.

Unknown said...

I could not keep the tears away this past Sunday, when so many different people women, men, teens and children walked in front of us holding up their torture then with a flip what God did for them! WOW! I am humbled at what He has done and now I am holding my fork at what He is going to do!

Shae said...

I was so moved Sunday with a deeper sense of love. The tears came for me too. I agree with the words of dejavu4me. As one of tose people who walked across the front of the church I can say it was so freeing. My two words were lonely, embraced. What an awesome family God has given me!!